Gluten-Free Organic Ingredients
makes about 20 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup sucanet (evaporated cane juice)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs Molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (make sure to get a gluten and corn syrup free brand)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 TBS sucanet
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper spread the coconut flakes evenly and bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until toasted.
- In a bowl, add the coconut flakes and 2 Tbs. honey or sucanet and mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sucanet, egg, molasses, vanilla, and coconut extract with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Add the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients and beat until blended.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, dip in coconut flakes, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper spaced 2 inches apart.
- Slightly flaten each cookie by pressing with a spoon or thumb.
- Bake for 20 minutes and rotate the baking sheets halfway through baking time.
- If you have allergies to tree nuts just make without the coconut ingredients.
Now enjoy these scrumptious tasty treats!