Organic & Gluten-free (O GF)
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Rebecca's salsa verde (see recipe in January 2011 blog archive)
- Mexican crema, sour cream, or favorite shredded cheese (optional)
Prepare taco toppings:
- chop cabbage and cilantro, dice avocado, and prepare homemade salsa.
Gluten-Free Corn Tortillas:
- Make your own by using Maseca (masa harina flour), lime juice, salt, and water.
- Knead and roll dough into balls, then flatten with a tortilla presser.
- Cook on a comal (flat pan) for about 2 minutes on each side.
- If you cannot make your own find a healthy whole grain and gluten-free brand.
- My favorite brand that uses organic sprouted whole grain corn: Food Life
- Food Life tortillas can be found at Whole Foods.
- If you have a corn allergy / intolerance, Whole Foods also has a delicious brown rice tortillas.
Prepare spicy fish:
- 4 fillets of either mahi mahi, halibut, or talapia fish
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- juice of 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 1/2 cup unrefined extra-virgin olive oil
In a large pan heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
In a bowl mix together flour, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and salt.
In a separate bowl squeeze juice of one lime.
Dip fish fillets in lime juice and then cover with spicy flour batter.
Cook fish in pan with heated olive oil until browned and crispy, about 5-7 minutes on each side.
Finalmente: Create your Spicy Fish Taco!
- On each tortilla add: fish, cabbage, cilantro, salsa verde, avocado, crema (optional), and a squeeze of lime.
Es muy delicioso!