Friday, December 3, 2010
Guilt-Free Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Back in the days before I was diagnosed with Celiac disease one of my favorite foods to splurge on was the Blueberry muffins at Souplantation Restaurant. After my quest began to cook any food that I loved or desired so that I could enjoy food again, I finally conquered the blueberry muffin. Not only is this delicious muffin gluten-free but it is corn, soy, dairy, egg, butter, and nut free as well. Making it free of all food intolerances and allergies not to mention Guilt Free too!
Your asking how did I do it? Below is the answer, and you will not believe how amazingly scrumptious it is until you make it and try it yourself. So get up and get to cooking!
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
In a large bowl combine
- 2 1/2 cups organic brown rice flour
- 1 cup organic ground flax seed
- 2 teas. baking soda
- 1 teas. salt
- 1 teas. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 cup organic and unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 10 ounces organic blueberries
Scoop into cupcake pans using unbleached cupcake papers.
Cook for 20 minutes.
This little super muffin is full of fiber, omega 3's, antioxidants, and pure love.
So Eat and Be Happy!