Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers: Gluten-Free Organic Turkey Salad


I absolutely enjoy the after effects of Thanksgiving with all those leftovers, a break from cooking, and relaxation with my husband. After my first Thanksgiving with my husband he asked me if I was going to make Turkey Salad. At the time I had never made it and was not convinced it sounded like a good idea to use all the Turkey leftovers for it. He promised me it would not disappoint and told me to call Mama Boonie (my mother-in-law) for the recipe. Fortunately I did and now it is my favorite part of having Turkey during the holidays. So I must thank and give credit to Boonie for helping me create some of my favorite gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes (Turkey Salad, Cornbread Stuffing, Sweet Potato Pie) they would not have turned out so delicious without her influence!

Turkey Salad
- 4-5 cups of turkey
- 1/2 organic white onion
- 2 cups organic celery
- sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder
- 2 or 3 spoonfuls of organic mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
I like Spectrum mayonnaise made with cage free and hormone free eggs.
They have egg free mayo options available at Whole Foods.

Chop turkey meat, onion, and celery and mix together with mayo or yogurt in a large bowl.
Add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.

Top turkey salad over lettuce and enjoy!

I told you it was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment