Monday, October 3, 2011

Outdoor Activity

One of the healthiest things we can do for our bodies is actually easier to do, more affordable, and more enjoyable than most people think. These days, when people hear about the importance of daily exercise and physical activity they think about huffing and puffing inside an expensive gym on a treadmill, elliptical, or with a personal trainer.  You can actually get your daily activity in a lot more affordable ways and have fun while doing it. If you work inside an office all day, I can't imagine that the next thing you would want to do is to go indoors again. Enjoying the outdoors is so important for the mind, body, and soul and can awaken your senses even after the daily 9-5 routine. It doesn't make a difference if you live near a beach, lake, river, or in the mountains, desert, or city! And whether you get all the seasons or just one of them, there is always something nearby just waiting to be explored and enjoyed. So start exploring today: walk, hike, run, swim, bike, kayak, and dance so you can see and enjoy the beauty all around you and take a breath of fresh air.


Quality over Quantity


When I was in my early 20's I would spend hours in the gym thinking that the more exercise I did the fitter and more in shape I would get. Over the years I have learned that not only do you use up precious time that could be enjoyed with family and friends, but you also break down your body from overuse rather than making it stronger. I have always loved being physically active and even as a child I would get up before the sun and run before school every day with my dad. So, it is not hard for me to get an hour of play every day doing the things I love: running, swimming, beach volleyball, and intense body strength routines with my husband a couple times a week. However, it could be as simple as walking or biking to work, or hiking a nearby trail to see the fall leaves. And for only 30 minutes a day with a friend or loved one, you'll feel revitalized, re-energized, and recharged. Everyone's body and fitness goals are different, so adjust them to your own and not the bodybuilder you see in the weight room.

Balance

It is important for both men and women to get a good balance of cardiovascular and strength training activities to attain a strong healthy body.  You still do not need to spend a lot of money to achieve both and you can do it in your own home, your back yard, or even better at your nearby park. Using your own body for developing and maintaining strength is all you need, and it's a lot more challenging than you may think.



So stay tuned for my quick and easy strength training videos that will guide you through the movements so you can feel fitter, healthier, and happier in life!

These are some of our pictures from a recent hike and volleyball beach day.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebeca!!!! It is Fadia!!!

    I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO! We miss you so very much but I get over it as soon as I see how amazing your new life is. Now Sergio wants to do the same!!!! He is crazy! and sends his love.

    I will follow your awesome blog!!!!!! You are my first!!!! LOL!

    Saludos a Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas Gracias Fadia! It is sooo good to hear from you, we miss you two and hope all is well. Thank you for the support!

    ReplyDelete