Check them out =) Cute huh?
Next time you carve your pumpkin, don't forget to save the seeds and enjoy the most nutritious treat of Halloween. It is so quick and easy to make, just follow these simple steps:
Gluten-Free Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Scoop out all the seeds from the pumpkin and separate from the stringy flesh.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread seeds evenly on a large flat pan covered with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, granulated garlic, and paprika.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Turn and mix the seeds after fifteen minutes to ensure even roasting on each side.
You will absolutely enjoy these crunchy tasty treats!
- They are rich in magnesium, iron, phosphorus, and zinc.
- They also aid in clearing the digestive tract of harmful bacteria and pathogens and can soothe nausea and digestive discomfort.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
Use organic ingredients and hormone-free butter and eggs.
- 3 cups GF oats (Bob's Red Mill is a good brand)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated cane juice (aka: sucanet, an unrefined sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 sticks melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey (choose locally made)
- 1 TBS Molasses
- 2 teaspoons GF and corn syrup free vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate chip cookies (Enjoy Life Brand is gluten, soy, nut, and dairy free)
- 1 cup pure peanut butter, preferably organic, or
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes.
To make sure they do not fall apart when eating you can refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Check out our costumes, this year Angel went for hysterical and I went for crafty.
|Hint: Look at the Do|
|Can you guess who Angel is this year?|
|Rocky Balboa presents: Clubber Lang! "I pity the fool"|
|I made my Sea Turtle Costume from cardboard and fabric scraps.|