Whenever you feel the need to create a meal that will satisfy everyone's growling stomach and ease exhaustion, then try this simple and traditional favorite of kids and adults alike. This recipe is perfect for the very hungry, the very big appetite, or the need for a comforting meal after a long day, week, chilly weather, or anything that necessitates a relaxing night with good people and good food.
- 1 package Tinkyada GF Brown Rice elbow pasta (cooked in salted water)
- 3 cups unsweetened Almond Milk (my favorite brand: Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, original flavor
- 3 Tbs brown rice flour
- 1 Tbs tapioca flour
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) grated monterey jack cheese, or pepper jack for a spicy kick
- 1 cup (8 ounces) grated mild cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional, adds a nice spicy kick)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (optional, adds a nice spicy kick)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chop up and cook 1 package (8 ounces) bacon: Applegate Sunday Bacon Uncured is gluten and casein free, with no preservatives, nitrates, nitrites and from animals that are vegetarian fed.
- GF bread crumbs: 2 slices of Udi's gf whole grain brown rice bread chopped in a food processor or with hands.
- Chop broccoli.
- On the stove-top over medium to medium high heat, in a large cast iron skillet or saucepan, add the rest of the milk with milk flour mixture and whisk constantly while cooking until mixture thickens.
- Add the butter, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper, and whisk together.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the grated cheese and mix until completely melted.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the cooked hot pasta, and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a baking dish or leave in the skillet (if using a cast iron skillet).
- Top with brocceli
- Bake for 15 minutes, then top with the bread crumbs and pre-cooked bacon bits.
- Bake 15 more minutes and serve hot.
Perfect for a cozy night in with the family, friends, your lover, or the little kiddos. Put a movie on, put your feet up, and enjoy your full warm belly. It's time to relax. =)